Horry County, SC| September 2018
Hurricane Florence continued to affect the Carolinas long after the initial event with widespread flooding and rising rivers. Flood waters washed away streets, destroyed homes and inundated entire towns. Many families were only able to return home to assess the physical damage weeks after the hurricane.
Our team is responding in Horry County, SC. We are currently welcoming volunteers through December 15th.
Wharton County, TX | August 2018
Ten months after Hurricane Harvey hit there is still much need for assistance in Texas. We have transitioned from the initial response into the rebuild phase and hope to ensure that many more displaced families are assisted back into their homes. We aim to extend our scope of work to communities outside of the Houston area, who may have been overlooked until now. We are welcoming volunteers at the end of the summer to assist in our Texas Rebuild efforts.
Greater San Juan Area, Puerto Rico| February 2018
Following the devastation caused by Hurricane Maria, NECHAMA has launched it’s first ever Program outside the continental United States. We are currently accepting volunteers through the end of this year.
Recent Programs (Since 2016)
- June – August 2018: Southern Minnesota Response
- February – March 2018: Houston Alternative Spring Break
- December – February 2018: Golden Triangle Response
- October 2017 – January 2018: Hurricane Irma Response
- September 2017 – December 2017: Hurricane Harvey Houston Response
- August 2017: Central Michigan Flood Response
- June 2017: Columbia, SC Rebuild/Alternative Break
- May 2017: Seneca, MO Flood Response
- March – July 2017: Waseca, MN Flood Response
- March 2017: New Orleans Rebuild/Alternative Break
- January 2017: New Orleans Rebuild/Alternative Break
- October – December 2016: Hurricane Matthew Response
- August – November 2016: Baton Rouge Flood Response
- August 2016: Duluth Wind Storm Response
- July – August 2016: West Virginia Flood Response
- July 2016: Detroit Flood Response
- March 2017: Shreveport, LA Flood Response
- January – February 2016: St. Louis, MO Flood Response
- January – March 2016: Dallas, TX Tornado Response