Golden Triangle, TX – Beaumont, Port Arthur, and Orange | September 2017 – Current
After assisting more than 180 storm-affected families in Houston recovering from Hurricane Harvey, our Response team is now working in Southeast Texas by the Lousiana border. We are currently accepting volunteers to work with us doing debris removal and muck-and-gut operations.
Jacksonville, TX | October 2017 – Current
After assisting families in the Flagler Beach area of Florida, NECHAMA’s Florida Response Team is now assisting affected families in Jacksonville, FL in the Ken Knight Drive area. We continue to accept volunteers willing to join us doing debris removal and muck-and-gut operations.
Houston, TX | February – April 2018
Rather than the traditional Spring Break, students can help provide hope and comfort to storm-affected families after the historic floods caused by Hurricane Harvey. Alternative spring break trips allow students to serve the Houston area in a meaningful way. They allow students to travel, meet new people, and feel the satisfaction that comes from working to improve communities — and lives.
Students will work with NECHAMA staff providing home-rebuilding services to storm-affected families and communities.
Recent Projects (Since 2016)
- August 2017: Central Michigan Flood Response
- June 2017: Columbia, SC Rebuild/Alternative Break
- May 2017: Seneca, MO Flood Response
- March – July 2017: Waseca, MN Flood Response
- March 2017: New Orleans Rebuild/Alternative Break
- January 2017: New Orleans Rebuild/Alternative Break
- October – December 2016: Hurricane Matthew Response
- August – November 2016: Baton Rouge Flood Response
- August 2016: Duluth Wind Storm Response
- July – August 2016: West Virginia Flood Response
- July 2016: Detroit Flood Response
- March 2017: Shreveport, LA Flood Response
- January – February 2016: St. Louis, MO Flood Response
- January – March 2016: Dallas, TX Tornado Response