NECHAMA welcomes anyone with a passion to help others regardless of religious faith or background. No previous disaster response experience is necessary- our skilled team leaders will teach you everything you need to know to make a difference.
What to Expect
Day Volunteersthose who live locally, or who to choose to find their own accommodations
Once you have signed up to join us at a program you will be emailed the evening before the day you will volunteer and be provided with the address to meet us at. We work from 9 AM until 4 PM . You are welcome to join us for any amount of time that you are available. Please make sure you to pack a lunch and wear clothing you’re ok with getting dirty or damaged.
Residential Volunteersthose who choose to stay with us at our lodging site
We do not charge a fee for volunteering. Volunteers are responsible for funding their travel to and from our Base of Operations including all travel and local transportation fees. Once staying with us, we provide our volunteers three meals a day (on workdays), basic accommodations, and transportation to our worksites.
General Volunteer Information
- No prior disaster experience required. Training will be provided on site.
- Tools and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) equipment are provided.
- Volunteers of all faiths are welcome. You do not have to be Jewish to join us.
- We accept individuals and groups.
- There is no minimum time commitment.
- We work within the continental United States.
- Minimum age: 14 years old (with adult chaperone).